About This Blog

Elder Whitney is called to serve in the Arcadia, California mission, English speaking. He enters the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on September 4, 2013 and will serve for two years.

This blog is being maintained by his family to post general updates, pictures from Elder Whitney, and to keep his mailing information up to date. Elder Whitney would love to get letters and emails from everyone!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

To the MTC!

Yesterday, McKay and I had the privilege of dropping my brother off at the Missionary Training Center (MTC). I don't think I can describe how excited he was to start this adventure. The next two years are sure to be amazing.

Pictures!

On the phone with his family in China.


Ready to serve.

Brett and me. I'm going to miss this kid.

Brett's niece wore a Cavaliers bib in his honor.

My husband with the new missionary!



In front of the Provo, Utah temple.

He's ready! (For the record: his favorite color is green.)

And he's off...

We're so excited for Brett- from now on Elder Whitney!- as he goes forth to serve the Lord. I look forward to hearing from him and updating you all with pictures and stories. I encourage you all to write to him as often as you can. I know I will.

-Brooke