About This Blog

Elder Whitney is called to serve in the Arcadia, California mission, English speaking. He enters the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on September 4, 2013 and will serve for two years.

This blog is being maintained by his family to post general updates, pictures from Elder Whitney, and to keep his mailing information up to date. Elder Whitney would love to get letters and emails from everyone!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sept. 17, 2013
This is the short note we received today, written shortly after Elder Brett arrived in Arcadia.  I expect we will hear more whenever he gets his P-day:

"I am currently sitting in the Chapel for the Stake Center for the California, Arcadia Mission and just to make you jealous this building has a legit pipe organ.  It's really a very beautiful building.

I'm so excited to finally be here though.  I haven't been interviewed by President Becerra yet.  I pretty much haven't done anything yet, although I did see my bike; it looks like a great piece of equipment.

Anyways, I'm supposed to keep this short and just let you know that I'm alive, I'm here, and I am so excited to get to work."